This is a luxurious boutique hotel with 9 Suites, set in its own tea plantation about 15m minutes inland from the world famous Unawatuna beach. It is about 10km from Galle, the UNESCO World Heritage Site and is set on a hill overlooking Koggala Lake. The open sided sitting and dining pavilions are truly magnificent and the pool is spectacular. The food is fantastic using fruit, vegetables and spices grown on their own estate.
AT A GLANCE:
- Standard: Boutique hotel – high
- Rooms: 10 Suites comprising:
- Dubu: This is set within a unique antique Joglo House, imported from Java with an incredibly elaborately carved wooden ceiling. woven palm walls interspersed with numerous louvred doors, for a truly open feeling. Infinity pool for your own personal use. This Suite is furthest from the house.
- Peacock: expansive suite which has some of the most sensational views over the tea estate and Koggala Lake. It has its own courtyard garden.
- Hellaconia: in its own luxuriant garden setting for total privacy and plunge pool
- Mango & Tamarind: set behind the saffron wall, each has its own pavilion which looks out over the tea estate.
- Nelum: this suite has sensational views looking towards Koggala Lake.
- Hibiscus: similar to Nelum but with its own infinity-edged plunge pool.
- Araliya: has a wide verandah overlooking the tea estate so is perfect for wildlife watching
- Garden & Tea: these are set in a separate pavilion beyond the swimming pool. They share a wide verandah which overlooks their private garden. The Tea Suite has twin beds.