This 5 star luxury hotel is one of Sri Lanka’s most famous hotels and year after year, gets international awards. Built in the style of Galle Fort (so has a blend of both Dutch and Portuguese influences), it has 6 grades of room each of which has either views of gardens or of the Indian Ocean. All the rooms have Super King Size beds and the most up to date hi-fi. Whilst you cannot swim in the sea in front of the hotel, there is a fantastic pool to relax by and take in the stunning ocean views.
AT A GLANCE:
- Standard: Boutique – high/luxury
- Rooms: 53
- 11 Fortress Rooms– terrace or balcony looking onto private garden
- 18 Ocean Rooms – on the first floor with balcony with direct ocean views
- 12 Beach Rooms – similar to the Ocean Rooms but are located on the ground floor, opening onto the garden with ocean beyond.
- 4 Beach Splash Rooms – on ground floor with ocean views. Private plunge pool.
- 2 Ocean Loft – over 2 floors with sitting area and plunge pool. Direct ocean views. 24hr private butler service.
- 2 Fortress Residence – these are the largest of all the rooms and are the epitome of stylish living. 24hr private butler service