The Kandy House is located some 30mins from the centre of Kandy in a secluded situation. It is a beautifully (and very sympathetically) converted 'Walauwa' (colonial manor house) which having been brought into the 21st-century with all modern facilities required by a luxury boutique hotel, is still able to show off its original architecture (with polished wooden floors, elegant antiques and beautiful fabrics. There are two different grades of room – Ultra and Deluxe. All the Ultra-rooms are larger (than the Deluxe Rooms) and have access to their own verandah. You can take meals on the verandah, which overlooks the fabulous gardens and on the lower terrace, the stunning freshwater Infinity pool. This has to be one of the best hotels in Kandy!
AT A GLANCE:
- Standard: Small Boutique hotel – very high
- 4 Ultra rooms- these are larger with own private verandahs - Black Rajah (ground floor), Indian Admiral (upper floor gallery room), Peacock Royal and Red Spot Duke (both of these are larger and on the upper floor – neither has air conditioning);
- 5 Deluxe rooms – Cornelian (upper floor with access to verandah), Lime Butterfly (upper floor looking over in a courtyard), Pioneer (twin garden room with own verandah), Sunbeam (Upper floor), Monkey Puzzle (ground floor twin room, leading to small verandah)
- AC (but not Peacock Royal and Red Spot Duke which have ceiling fans)
- Children allowed over the age of 12 years