This hotel was originally a colonial bungalow dating back to the 19th century but having been renovated it is now an extremely elegant boutique hotel which retains many of its original architectural features but does have a very contemporary feel to it with the use of black, white and natural colours. The 2 acres of gardens are shaded by many tropical trees, and there is a long slate lined pool to relax by. The main Colombo to Galle railway runs between the end of the gardens and the beach- some can find this intrusive. The beach is a short walk away
AT A GLANCE:
- Standard: boutique – medium/high
- Rooms: 14
- 6 Villa Rooms (standard) - may have direct garden access rather than a private terrace.
- 5 Villa Suites (superior) - sea /garden facing balconies with private lounge spaces
- 2 Executive Suites – do not have sea/garden views but are much more private - one has a courtyard has a private plunge pool.
- Mohotti Suite - 2 Double Rooms with shared bathroom, separate lounge area with views of the lawn and property and is perfect family accommodation.
- Wi-Fi in lounge area